COVID-19: Higby’s Commitment
The health and well-being of our residents, visitors and the entire Berkeley community is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the impacts of COVID-19, and are dedicated to providing support and resources that promote a healthy environment for everyone. We have implemented new procedures and tools, and are following the guidance and recommendations by the CDC, and applicable federal, state, and local health departments.
Officials announced Monday, January 25th that Alameda county would return to the purple tier of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Though some business activities are allowed to resume, residents are asked to continue to refrain from gathering with people they don’t live with, limit activities, wear face coverings whenever leaving home, stay home when ill, and keep interactions with others outdoors. For more information, please visit www.acphd.org or covid19.ca.gov/.
Tours + Virtual Leasing
Our leasing office has reopened. Our team is ready to assist you,
whether you prefer to visit the property in person or via a virtual or
video tour. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
We also encourage you to explore our online resources and tools to aid in your search. Consider the options provided below, and don’t hesitate to reach out with questions at any time, our leasing team is standing by.
- Explore our library of Virtual Tours
- Flip through our gallery
We have implemented new protocols and enhanced existing ones in an effort to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents, staff, visitors, and broader community. We will continue to evaluate these practices and adapt them as recommended by city, state and federal officials. Highlights include:
- High touch points will be cleaned regularly with a non-toxic disinfectant and sanitizer
- An electrostatic sprayer will be used for broad application of disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the buildings on each floor
- SafeHandles will be applied to door handles and elevator buttons
- Daily, non-contact temperature checks for staff members
- Face masks will be required in all public spaces
- Physical distancing of 6 feet of more is encouraged in all public spaces
- Reduced occupancy requirements in all shared spaces
- Reduced elevator occupancy requirements
- Physical barriers at the concierge desk
- High quality air filters in the central air handler and at unit heat pumps
Resident Support and Resources
We are also committed to providing programs and services that support the health, wellness and new, at-home routines of our residents. These include:
- Contact-free package pick-up
- Dedicated food delivery drop off area
- Building updates sent regularly via email
- Amenity reservation system via the resident portal
- Online fitness and meditation classes
- Free, non-toxic cleaning supplies and refills